I've released a new version of Diamanda Application Set - 2008-TEST-1.1. It's a small update against 1.0 stable release. Most changes affected layout (new look, fixes in templates, CSS and JS files), but also more generic use of forum topics as comments systems. Also password change has been fixed to work with Django 1.0.*.
Some examples and info about CBC
The "Content" module in Diamanda is now under heavy development. Things I want to add are (comments, ideas are welcomed):
- For the main page - "what's new?" box displaying a list of new and edited content/post/other entries (similar to Confluence "Recently Updated")
- Boxcomments are out, content comments are a special forum topic per content entry (created at the first comment, ability to set forum for comment topics for every content entry and it children)
- Default syntax is Markdown + CBC, however you can add HTML + CBC entries via the admin panel, or you can replace markdown with other markup library (user add/edit interface only for non-HTML type)
- Attachment management - upload images, files and then insert in content (manages files from all SITE_IDs)
- Edit proposals, new content proposals - normal user can edit or add content, however it has to be approved to go public (diff changes etc.)
- More CBC (ContentBBCode) - create some useful CBC tags for tables, charts etc.
Until now "Diamanda" was a wiki Django application released with MyghtyBoard Forum and some other mini applications. As of today my sites use newer version of those applications. There is no wiki application – instead there is plain "Articles" type application. Other applications – MyghtyBoard, Task Manager, UserPanel, BoxComments, News and other have been improved and/or written from scratch. In the next days, week I'll release the code as a new Diamanda release – "Diamanda – Django applications set".