Raspberry Pi, mini computers, Android and microcontrollers
Programming Raspberry Pi and various microcontrollers with Python
- Handling LCD displays via USB UART from your computer - How to control displays from computers via serial UART communications in Python
- Remote programming of mini PC like Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black - How to use SSH, SSHFS and VNC/RDP to remotely programm and operate an mini PC from another PC.
Micro Python and pyboard
- Micro Python and pyboard - a Python running on a microcontroller scripts your electronics - How doeas a Python works on a microcontroller and what features pyboard board can offer us?
- PyBoard and MicroPython in examples - scripting electronics with Python - How to use various electronic and electric parts with PyBoard - like DC and stepper motors, I2C devices, relays and sensors
- Updating pyboard firmware for latest MicroPython features and fixes - Using analog joystics and precise PWM control for running DC motors.
- Benchmarking Raspberry Pi performance - How does Raspberry Pi compares to other computers in terms of performance?
- Picking an SD card for a micro computer - The best SD cards and card readers for micro computers like Raspberry Pi, Odroid and alike
- Testing SD cards from within Raspberry Pi - Testing how varoius SD cards will perform in Raspberry Pi
- The day when RAM became a computer - What is the Raspberry Pi COM module and what will it offer us?
Other Single board computers
- Benchmarking Beaglebone Black single board computer - What capabilities and performance does Beaglebone Black offers to hardware hackers and makers?
- Quick look and some benchmarks of Radxa Rock RK3188 single board computer - What can we get from a quad core CPU and 2 GB or RAM available on the Radxa Rock computer and what can we do with it?
- Quick look at Allwinner A10 based pcDuino single board computer - Testing pcDuino - a single board computer for electronics and low power computing
- A quick look at Cubieboard micro computer with Allwinner A10 ARM CPU - A review and a benchmark of Cubieboard computer with Allwinner A10 CPU and a SATA port
- Picuntu and Linuxium Linux on Measy U4A Android dongle - Installing and benchmarking classical Linux desktops on cheap Android dongles based on RK3188 chip
- SSH server on Android - remote access to your green robot device - Examples of using SSH server on a phone, tablet or HDMI Android dongle to controll and monitor the system
- Controlling electronics with Python - a quick start with pyMCU board - Using a PIC microcontroller board with Python to play with sensors, displays and other electronic components and circuits
- Reading analog sensor values using pyMCU - How to read values from light, temperature or magnetic field sensors using pyMCU and some Python code
- Using analog-digital magnetic field sensor with pyMCU - How to read digital values from a magnetic fields sensor using pyMCU board
- Using Arduino sensor boards with pyMCU - Using buzzer, ultrasonic distance sensor and an alcohol sensor with pyMCU
- Controlling DC motors with pyMCU and DRV8833 motor controller - Controlling DC motors in robots and other devices using pyMCU and DRV8833 motor controller
- Controlling servo and stepper motors with pyMCU - How to control precise stepper motors and servomechanism in DIY robots and machines using pyMCU and Python
- Using analog joystick boards to control components of electronic circuits - How to control speed and direction of your robot-car using a joystick board
- Simple obstacle avoidance sensor for free-running robots - Easy to use infrared obstacle avoidance sensor for robots and proximity detectors.
- Controlling LED arrays with pyMCU microcontroller - How to display text and animate it on a LED array
- Controlling electronic components with I2C bus communication and pyMCU - How to use MinipH to measure pH or BlinkM to switch colors using I2C communication
- Switching power with transistors, relays and microcontrollers - How to turn power on and off for electronic devices remotely with a microcontroller
- How to use small displays with microcontrollers and computers - A quick introduction into LCD and TFT mini displays available to amateur makes world wide
- Using IR remotes for controlling microcontrollers and computers - TV remotes may be used to control your robot or computer
- Switching buttons in electronic devices using electronic swtiches and microcontrollers - How to modify devices with buttons to be controllable from microcontrollers and mini PCs with GPIO pins
- Atrix Lapdock - a laptop-like docking station for mini PCs - A handy dock for Raspberry Pi and other mini PCs providing power and a 11,6" laptop like features
- PCSL Raspberry + Gertboard open case - A quick look at a handy open case for Raspberry Pi and Gertboard expansion board
- Powered USB2 HUB LogiLink UA0128 - Active USB HUB that can be used with Raspberry Pi
- Philips DLP2207 power supply for USB devices - High quality power supply for Raspberry Pi and similar devices
- Wire wrapping tool for electronics prototyping with reliable connections - Handy tool to reliably connect electronic components together
- Controlling USB missile launchers from Python - How to move and shoot a missile launcher using Python code accessing USB device
- Controlling keyboard-emulating devices with pyusb - Reading data from simple RFID readers, bar code or magnetic card scanners using Python