Hardware benchmarks and reviews
Linux related hardware test, benchmarks and reviews
- Benchmarking and analyzing World of Warcraft performance - How WoW performance changes in different places and with different hardware
- Performance of AMD A8 APU on Xubuntu 15.04 with radeon and fglrx drivers - Which driver is better - open source radeon or closed fglrx, and what is the user experience for both of them?
- How cool is Lenovo Flex 10 netbook and how to install Linux on 32-bit UEFI system? - Reviewing Lenovo Flex 10 laptop with a flippable touch screen allowing using it in tent and stand modes.
- Threadripper 1920X and Vega 64 all water AiO build and benchmarks - Building a compact and quiet workstation with 12 core Threadripper and Vega 64
- Building a software developer PC based on Ryzen 7 1700 - A powerful yet price optimized PC for software development
- Design and capabilities of multi-CPU computers - Testing cheap LGA 1366 dual-CPU systems
- Testing old 16 core Opteron 6386 SE on a Jingsha X89 motherboard - How does 16 cores from 2012 compares to 2019 processors?
- Testing fanless Pentium J5005 + GTX 1050 Ti PC - Will a 10W handle games and other computational taks or maybe GTX 1050 will be the bottlenet?
- Power and thermal performance of fanless Pentium J5005 PC - How much power a 10W TDP CPU can draw?
- Are cheap low power x86 CPUs an alternative to higher end makers ARM boards? - Can low power x86 boards compete with performance oriented ARM boards?
- Past and future of VIA Technologies x86 CPUs - Can a third company join the x86 CPU competitive market?
- Building a Linux PC using low power quad core Celeron J1900 - Ultra quiet PC with no fans, four cores and up to 16 GB of RAM running Linux or Windows
- Benchmarking Celeron J1900 on Xubuntu Linux - How much computing power does a 10W CPU offers and how much power does it really consumes?
- Improving Celeron J1900 gaming performance by connecting external graphics card to PCIe x1 2.0 slot - How much can we gain from GPU connected to slow PCIe x1 slot instead of typical x16? How much performance increase simple external GPU will give?
- Monitoring AMD, Intel and NVIDIA graphics card usage under Linux - A quick look through tools allowing to monitor resource usage of graphics cards under Linux
- Testing DDR3 and DDR4 RAM performance on Linux - What affects RAM performance and how that affects games and application performance?
- Testing OEM and no-name RX 460 graphics cards - What features and performance an OEM generic card can offer?
- Getting rid of dust from home and from a computer case - How to troubleshoot and avoid dust in your PC and home?
- Grounding and electrostatic discharge protection of a problematic PC system - Understanding and troubleshooting problems with ESD and grouding of a custom built PC
- Risers and adapters for non-standard GPU connection - eGPU adapters, PCIe riser cables and adapters
- Right angle 90 degree ATX adapter - A handy ATX socket adapter that flips it to horizontal orientation
- Quick SSD on USB performance test - Testing write and read speeds of an SSD disk connected via USB2 and USB3
- Testing two cheap portable monitors - A 11,6 and 13,3 inch cheap portable displays from Aliexpress
- Atrix Lapdock - a laptop-like docking station for mini PCs - A handy dock for Raspberry Pi and other mini PCs providing power and a 11,6" laptop like features
- Using USB3 to HDMI adapter based on SMSC chipset under Linux - Using SMSC UFX7000 based USB3 to HDMI adapter under Linux
- Quick test of Asus USB-N10 WiFi adapter under Linux - Testing how good and stable Asus N10 WiFi dongle works under Linux
- Long range Bluetooth communication with SENA Parani UD100 adapter - A USB based simple to use Bluetooth adapter achieving long working distances due to use of external antennas