Django web framework tutorials
Set of articles and tutorials about Django the Python powered web framework. Using Django with new technologies, interesting APIs and other related topics
Django components and good solutions
- Using Sentry to log exceptions and logging messages from Django projects - How to setup Sentry log aggregator for Django projects with exception, logging and Celery tasks support
- App enlight - log aggregation and application health monitoring service - Monitor and fix your applications thanks to logged exceptions, slow SQL queries and slow responses made by your application
- Django class based views in action - forms handling - Example usage of django class based views
- Shops near you – geographic features of GeoDjango - An application displaying shops that are closest to given address
Django backend solutions
- Capturing images from a webcam in Django with jpegcam - Django integration of jpegcam widget that allow users to save images from a computer webcam.
- Audio recording in Django apps with flvar - flvar is a flash applet working with a media server and allows users to record audio clips on a website using it.
- Xapian in Python - Xapian is a full text search engine that can index various data structures and then allow searching and querying the indexed content.
- Fulltext search in SQLite and Django app - An example of using SQLite full-text search FTS3 module
- Using memSQL and MariaDB in Django projects - Using new and interesting database server with Django
- REST API creation with django-tastypie - Using tastypie to create REST API for Django models
- Using South for schema and data migrations in Django - How to keep you database up to date with model changes in your app
Django frontend solutions
- Parsing tags with django-content-bbcode in examples - Some examples of tag parsing functions from simple search and replace to more comples using databases and external libraries
- Using DHTMLXgrid in a Django application - DHTMLX grid is a complete grid solution for browsing and editing grid like, spreadsheet like data from various sources. This tutorial will show you how to connect server-side Django views with client-side xgrid features.
- nicEditor in Django - Integrating BBCode editing, image upload and other nicEdit features with Django
- ReCaptcha in Django Forms - Using ReCaptcha widgets in forms managed by Django
- Basic AJAX usage in Django - Simple AJAX powered form
- Django and Captcha images - How to make a form with captcha image
- Openwysiwyg in Django - A JS wysiwyg
Services, social sites integrations
- Simple Django applications for writing Facebook applications and authentication - A quick look through several pozytywnie.pl Django applications handling Facebook SDK and authentication
- Integrating registration from social sites with RPXnow - Using RPXnow services to integrate Djang user system with OpenID, Facebook, Twitter and other social sites.
- Using Zoho remote API to edit office documents in a Django app - An introduction to Zoho.com APIs, CloudSQL, and sample usage of Remote API to edit documents, slides and sheets on a Django powered website. Full source code of the app included.
- Using oEmbed in Django - Replacing links to multimedia websites with nice embedded players, thumbs and other content using django-oembed.
- Facebook wall like application in Django - part 1 - Creating Facebook Wall-like or Twitter-like Django application for small social, intranet or collaboration sites. Part 1 - playing with models and queries.
- Using web-based image editors with Django apps - Intergrating FotoFlexer, Picnik and Pixlr web based image editors with Django applications
- Facebook aided registration in Django - How to use new Facebook registration tool to show and handle a registration form with data prepopulated from a Facebook account.
Ember.js and Django
- Example Ember.js + Django + Django Rest Framework single-page application - How a single page applications written in ember look and work and how they integrate with Django.
- Setting up ember-cli development environment with ember 2.1 - Create a frontend web applications that use Django and other backend solutions as it data source.
- Ember application structure - How does an ember.js application looks like?
- Basics of Ember.js application development - Using npm dependencies, creating routes and templates with styles and components logic
Django apps and examples
- Combining RFID, NFC and QRCodes with django-oscar online shop - How to add some new radio communication technologies to real and online shops
- Improving select fields in Django with django-ajax-selects - Replacing select lists with autocompleated ajax autocomplete widget
- Simple site traffic statistics with django-basic-stats - Basic Django site traffic statistic application
- PlushCMS - simple CMS system - Quick introduction to PlushCMS - Polish simple CMS system written in Python and Django
- Diamanda Applications Set - Set of Django applications (pages, forum, userpanel...) that power my sites, including this one.
- Using Factory Boy in Django application tests - Using factories to easily create and maintain data needed for tests.
- Lettuce - scenario based tests for Django and other frameworks - Using Lettuce to test Django applications using expressive scenarios
- Temporary files in Django for tests and on the fly file manipulation - Using InMemoryUploadedFile in Django applications for file manipulation
- Continuous integration of Django projects with Jenkins - Building and testing Django projects with Jenkins
- Testing Django applications with Selenium - Testing applications and their frontend with an automated browser
- Configuring various browsers for Selenium web applications tests - How to run Selenium tests on Android, Chrome or Opera
- Aiding tests with Ludibrio stubs and mocks - Mocking and stubbing models and functions with Ludibrio
Deployment and debugging
- A quick introduction to Docker containers for Django web developers - Running database servers or applications in software isolated containers for development or production with Docker.
- Chaussette and Circus as a new way to deploy your Django applications - How to use WSGI server Chaussette and proces, socket manager Circus to serve your Django application on production?
- Django on nginx - Nginx is a lightweigh and quite capable web server that can run Django applications without problems.
- Django profiling with hotshot and kcachegrind - Testing django applications
- Profiling Django object size and memory usage with Pympler - A small middleware that profiles objects and memory used by code of requested view
- Django/Python app memory usage - examples - Examples of memory usage problems (currently: whoosh searching, sitemaps generation)
- Debugging Python code in a browser with wdb debugger - Handy and universal Python debugger available for Django and other Python application
- Quick and handy wheel package format for Python applications - New Python package format that solves some problems and makes installing packages much faster
- Django and Comet - Creating real time event driven components in your Django applications using Orbited Comet server.
- Django, Comet and IRC client - How to make a simple web IRC client using comet - orbited
- Django and Lupy
- Example Facebook application in Django - How to make a basic Facebook application in Django with PyFacebook
- Facebook Connect - Django integration on filmaster.com - Integrating Facebook users with external website using Facebook Connect and Django
- SQLite performance and Django - Tuning SQLite in your Django project
- Filter View in Django - How to make advanced filter view in django
- punBB to MyghtyBoard importer - From PHP to Django
- Hosting Django under Nginx with SCGI and WSGI - Description of mod_wsgi and mod_scgi currently developed for Nginx server.
- Deploying Django project with gunicorn and Nginx - Easy and fast deployment with gunicorn - a WSGI Python HTTP server and super fast and scalable Nginx server.
- Django and Cherokee server - How to run django on cherokee