Django web framework tutorials
Django components and good solutions
- Using Sentry to log exceptions and logging messages from Django projects - How to setup Sentry log aggregator for Django projects with exception, logging and Celery tasks support
- App enlight - log aggregation and application health monitoring service - Monitor and fix your applications thanks to logged exceptions, slow SQL queries and slow responses made by your application
- Django class based views in action - forms handling - Example usage of django class based views
- Shops near you – geographic features of GeoDjango - An application displaying shops that are closest to given address
Django backend solutions
- Capturing images from a webcam in Django with jpegcam - Django integration of jpegcam widget that allow users to save images from a computer webcam.
- Audio recording in Django apps with flvar - flvar is a flash applet working with a media server and allows users to record audio clips on a website using it.
- Xapian in Python - Xapian is a full text search engine that can index various data structures and then allow searching and querying the indexed content.
- Fulltext search in SQLite and Django app - An example of using SQLite full-text search FTS3 module
- Using memSQL and MariaDB in Django projects - Using new and interesting database server with Django
- REST API creation with django-tastypie - Using tastypie to create REST API for Django models
- Using South for schema and data migrations in Django - How to keep you database up to date with model changes in your app
Django frontend solutions
- Parsing tags with django-content-bbcode in examples - Some examples of tag parsing functions from simple search and replace to more comples using databases and external libraries
- Using DHTMLXgrid in a Django application - DHTMLX grid is a complete grid solution for browsing and editing grid like, spreadsheet like data from various sources. This tutorial will show you how to connect server-side Django views with client-side xgrid features.
- nicEditor in Django - Integrating BBCode editing, image upload and other nicEdit features with Django
- ReCaptcha in Django Forms - Using ReCaptcha widgets in forms managed by Django
- Basic AJAX usage in Django - Simple AJAX powered form
- Django and Captcha images - How to make a form with captcha image
- Openwysiwyg in Django - A JS wysiwyg
Services, social sites integrations
- Simple Django applications for writing Facebook applications and authentication - A quick look through several pozytywnie.pl Django applications handling Facebook SDK and authentication
- Integrating registration from social sites with RPXnow - Using RPXnow services to integrate Djang user system with OpenID, Facebook, Twitter and other social sites.
- Using Zoho remote API to edit office documents in a Django app - An introduction to Zoho.com APIs, CloudSQL, and sample usage of Remote API to edit documents, slides and sheets on a Django powered website. Full source code of the app included.
- Using oEmbed in Django - Replacing links to multimedia websites with nice embedded players, thumbs and other content using django-oembed.
- Facebook wall like application in Django - part 1 - Creating Facebook Wall-like or Twitter-like Django application for small social, intranet or collaboration sites. Part 1 - playing with models and queries.
- Using web-based image editors with Django apps - Intergrating FotoFlexer, Picnik and Pixlr web based image editors with Django applications
- Facebook aided registration in Django - How to use new Facebook registration tool to show and handle a registration form with data prepopulated from a Facebook account.
Ember.js and Django
- Example Ember.js + Django + Django Rest Framework single-page application - How a single page applications written in ember look and work and how they integrate with Django.
- Setting up ember-cli development environment with ember 2.1 - Create a frontend web applications that use Django and other backend solutions as it data source.
- Ember application structure - How does an ember.js application looks like?
- Basics of Ember.js application development - Using npm dependencies, creating routes and templates with styles and components logic
Django apps and examples
- Combining RFID, NFC and QRCodes with django-oscar online shop - How to add some new radio communication technologies to real and online shops
- Improving select fields in Django with django-ajax-selects - Replacing select lists with autocompleated ajax autocomplete widget
- Simple site traffic statistics with django-basic-stats - Basic Django site traffic statistic application
- PlushCMS - simple CMS system - Quick introduction to PlushCMS - Polish simple CMS system written in Python and Django
- Diamanda Applications Set - Set of Django applications (pages, forum, userpanel...) that power my sites, including this one.
- Using Factory Boy in Django application tests - Using factories to easily create and maintain data needed for tests.
- Lettuce - scenario based tests for Django and other frameworks - Using Lettuce to test Django applications using expressive scenarios
- Temporary files in Django for tests and on the fly file manipulation - Using InMemoryUploadedFile in Django applications for file manipulation
- Continuous integration of Django projects with Jenkins - Building and testing Django projects with Jenkins
- Testing Django applications with Selenium - Testing applications and their frontend with an automated browser
- Configuring various browsers for Selenium web applications tests - How to run Selenium tests on Android, Chrome or Opera
- Aiding tests with Ludibrio stubs and mocks - Mocking and stubbing models and functions with Ludibrio
Deployment and debugging
- A quick introduction to Docker containers for Django web developers - Running database servers or applications in software isolated containers for development or production with Docker.
- Chaussette and Circus as a new way to deploy your Django applications - How to use WSGI server Chaussette and proces, socket manager Circus to serve your Django application on production?
- Django on nginx - Nginx is a lightweigh and quite capable web server that can run Django applications without problems.
- Django profiling with hotshot and kcachegrind - Testing django applications
- Profiling Django object size and memory usage with Pympler - A small middleware that profiles objects and memory used by code of requested view
- Django/Python app memory usage - examples - Examples of memory usage problems (currently: whoosh searching, sitemaps generation)
- Debugging Python code in a browser with wdb debugger - Handy and universal Python debugger available for Django and other Python application
- Quick and handy wheel package format for Python applications - New Python package format that solves some problems and makes installing packages much faster
- Django and Comet - Creating real time event driven components in your Django applications using Orbited Comet server.
- Django, Comet and IRC client - How to make a simple web IRC client using comet - orbited
- Django and Lupy
- Example Facebook application in Django - How to make a basic Facebook application in Django with PyFacebook
- Facebook Connect - Django integration on filmaster.com - Integrating Facebook users with external website using Facebook Connect and Django
- SQLite performance and Django - Tuning SQLite in your Django project
- Filter View in Django - How to make advanced filter view in django
- punBB to MyghtyBoard importer - From PHP to Django
- Hosting Django under Nginx with SCGI and WSGI - Description of mod_wsgi and mod_scgi currently developed for Nginx server.
- Deploying Django project with gunicorn and Nginx - Easy and fast deployment with gunicorn - a WSGI Python HTTP server and super fast and scalable Nginx server.
- Django and Cherokee server - How to run django on cherokee